HOW WE MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Like most health service providers we collect information which is covered by the Privacy Act 1988. This information includes name and contact details as well as diagnostic and treatment information to enable us to provide psychological treatment. From time to time the practice conducts and publishes research however all data is depersonalised before doing so. This information is stored in an on-site database and accounting package as well as traditional paper medical files that are stored according to the requirements of the APS code of conduct. We also use a service called FIT-Outcomes based in Ireland for session by session effectiveness tracking. The only personal data supplied to this service is your internal reference code, your first name and year of birth. Please let us know if you have any privacy concerns.
The team at Wise Institute are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy online. We adhere to all Australian Privacy Principles as well as international privacy regulations including GDPR.
WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://wiseinstitute.com.au/ (the “Site”). The site owner and operator of Wise Institute is Natasha Davis.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This Site collects some personal data from its users.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your personal data as follows.
We may use your personal information to:
- send you our electronic newsletters and promotions from time to time (if you are a client or subscriber)
- arrange clinical appointments (if you submit an appointment request or if you are an existing client)
- notify you of changes to your appointment or of any need to reschedule (if you are a client)
- update you of changes to our clinic operations, fees or manner of service (if you are a client or subscriber)
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- interact with external social networks and platforms.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
We collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information.
If you leave a comment on our Site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited the other website.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include other parties used to conduct our business (for example, Power Diary, automated spam detection services, and web hosting), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We may however use your information in aggregate, anonymous form (without any reference to your identifying information) to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose it has been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract or service arrangement between you and us will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data will be deleted and some of your rights (i.e. the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability) cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you are a European citizen, you have the right to do the following under the General Data Protection Regulations:
- Withdraw your consent at any time, even after you have previously given your consent to the processing and storing of your personal data.
- Object to processing and storage of your data.
- Access your data. You have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Have your personal data deleted or otherwise removed.
- Receive your data and have it transferred to another controller if technically feasible.
- Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before your competent data protection supervisory authority.
If you would like to exercise these rights please contact us at hello[at]wiseinstitute.com.au.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you opt in to our mailing list, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every email. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us with your request at hello[at]wiseinstitute.com.au
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We use regular Malware Scanning to detect security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by trusted team members of Wise Institute who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We do not process or store any payment or credit card information on our servers.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As a visitor to this Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Site and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this page.